1. Navarrete, IA, DY Kim, C Wilcox, DC Reed, DW Ginsburg, JM Dutton, J Heidelberg, Y Raut and BH Wilcox. 2021. Effects of depth-cycling on nutrient uptake and biomass production in the giant kelp Macrocystis pyrifera. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 141: 110747.
2. Caron, DA, PE Connell, RA Schaffner, A Schnetzer, JA Fuhrman, PD Countway and DY Kim. 2017. Planktonic food web structure at a coastal time-series site: I. Partitioning of microbial abundances and carbon biomass. Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers 121: 14-29.
3. Hu, SK, Z Liu, AAY Lie, PD Countway, DY Kim, AC Jones, RJ Gast, SC Cary, EB Sherr, BF Sherr, and DA Caron. 2015. Estimating protistan diversity using high-throughput sequencing. Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology 62(5):688-93.
4. Chow, CET, DY Kim, R Sachdeva, DA Caron and JA Fuhrman. 2014. Top-down controls on bacterial community structure: microbial network analysis of bacteria, T4-like viruses and protists. The International Society for Microbial Ecology Journal 8(4): 816-819.
5. Lie, Alle AY, Z Liu, SK Hu, AC Jones, DY Kim, PD Countway, LA Amaral-Zettler, SC Cary, EB Sherr, BF Sherr, RJ Gast, DA Caron. 2014. Investigating microbial eukaryotic diversity from a global census: insights from a comparison of pyrotag and full-length sequences of 18S rRNA genes. Applied and Environmental Microbiology: Environmental Microbiology 80(14):4363-73.
6. Kim, DY, PD Countway, AC Jones, A Schnetzer, W Yamashita*, C Tung* and DA Caron. 2014. Monthly, seasonal and interannual variability of microbial eukaryote assemblages at four depths in the eastern North Pacific. The International Society for Microbial Ecology Journal 8(3): 515-530.
7. Lie, Alle A., DY Kim, A Schnetzer and DA Caron. 2013. FEATURE ARTICLE Small-scale temporal and spatial variations in protistan community composition at the San Pedro Ocean Time-series station off the coast of southern California. Aquatic Microbial Ecology (70): 93-110.
8. Kim, DY, PD Countway, W Yamashita* and DA Caron. 2012. A combined sequence-based and fragment-based characterization of microbial eukaryote assemblages provides taxonomic context for the Terminal Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (T-RFLP) method. Journal of Microbiological Methods 91 (3): 527-536.
9. Kim, DY, PD Countway, RJ Gast and DA Caron. 2011. Rapid shifts in protistan community structure and composition during bottle incubations affect estimates of total protistan species richness. Microbial Ecology 62 (2): 383-398.
10. Caron, DA, PD Countway, AC Jones, DY Kim and A Schnetzer. 2011. Marine protistan diversity. Annual Review of Marine Science 4 (6): 1-27.
11. Steele, JA, PD Countway, L Xia, PD Vigil, JM Beman, DY Kim, CET Chow, R Sachdeva, AC Jones, MS Schwalbach, JM Rose, I Hewson, A Patel, F Sun, DA Caron and JA Fuhrman. 2011. Marine bacterial, archaeal and protistan association networks reveal ecological linkages. The International Society for Microbial Ecology Journal 5 (9): 1414-1425.